Subject: Copper Lists
From: M Cooper <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 94 12:54:10 BST

The best way to get the hang of Copperlists with Blitz (I find) is to
write a little Copper disassembler. Then setup the display as necessary
and view the Copper List with it

To do this scan through the memory adresses from CopLoc to CopLoc +
CopLen step 4, decode the pairs of words at these addresses.

For adr.l=CopLoc to CopLoc+CopLen Step 4
 word1.w=peek.w(adr)
 word2.w=peek.w(adr+2)
 ...
Next

The lowest bits tell you the type of Copper command,a nd the other bits
give the data and adresses. See the Blitz manual appendix, and interpret
the results as you go. Then you can make up a table of useful data
adresses for your particular Coper list set-up,a nd poke new data e.g.
colours into these values.

If enough people want me to, ill post my own Copper disassembler here.

        Mike Cooper